Calcium carbonate is a common inorganic compound, commonly known as limestone, limestone, stone powder, etc. In the industry, calcium carbonate is classified into heavy calcium carbonate, light calcium carbonate, colloidal calcium carbonate, and crystalline calcium carbonate.
Among them, heavy calcium carbonate is obtained by mechanical means directly crushing natural limestone and calcite with crusher and Raymond mill. Light calcium carbonate is produced by calcining limestone at high temperature, water digestion, carbonization of carbon dioxide, followed by dehydration, drying and pulverization.
Application of calcium carbonate in powder coating
(1) It can be used as a filler for high gloss coating products.
(2) Semi-gloss coating products can generally be directly added with calcium carbonate without the addition of matting agent, saving cost.
(3) It is a white inorganic pigment that can be used in combination with titanium dioxide to reduce costs.
(4) Compared with other fillers, calcium carbonate is most suitable for environmentally friendly products requiring low levels of heavy metals, such as children's toys and baby carriages.
(5) It can improve the powder rate and spray area of ??the paint, especially in the mixed powder.
(6) If outdoor weather resistance is required, it cannot be used as a filler.
(7) Because of its high oil absorption, it is easy to cause orange peel on the surface of the paint film. At this time, a little hydrogenated castor oil can be added to the base material.
(8) It acts as a skeleton to increase the thickness of the paint film and improve the wear resistance and durability of the coating.
Application of calcium carbonate in wood coatings
(1) Filling material for colored primer to reduce cost.
(2) Increase the film strength and wear resistance.
(3) Light calcium has a little thickening effect, easy to change, and good anti-sedimentation.
(4) Heavy calcium reduces the sanding property in the paint film, and it is easy to precipitate in the tank, so it is necessary to pay attention to strengthen the anti-sinking property.
(5) Improve the gloss, dryness and whitening of the paint film.
(6) It should not be used together with alkali-resistant pigments and fillers.